Native mobile app development might not be the future for indie devs.
Cube Drone: We're not doing native app development anymore?
Walt: It's just too expensive! |
Walt: Development costs are high, getting users to install our app is almost impractically difficult and expensive, and once we have those users, converting them into paying customers is nigh impossible! |
Cube Drone: So what are we selling now?
Walt: STICKERS! (Walt is holding up a sign that says 'store.cube-drone.com buy now!')
Patreon subscribers get stickers too!
Jetbrains recently introduced a subscription model:
Melissa: Hey. What's that you're working on?
Cube Drone: Letter to JetBrains. |
Having introduced a new subscription model for your code editing tools, I'd like to suggest some compelling new features to help get developers on board with subscription fees:
* PyCharm allows developers to charm real snakes
* IntelliJ softly sings code to sleep
* ReSharper writes your code for you
* hold StackOverflow hostage somehow
* arrange an "accident" for Vim and Emacs
* PHPStorm intelligently replaces all PHP with code from randomly selected better language
* All clever puns removed from product names